Articles in Dentistry India should be educational and non-promotional. Articles can review existing concepts and techniques, convey information beyond basic dental education, and update knowledge on advances in dental and medical sciences. The objective is to improve the knowledge, skills, and ability of the individual to deliver the highest quality of service to the public and profession. Illustrative cases are permissible, but articles should present a balanced view of all therapeutic options and any promotional aspects of the material must be fully disclosed.
- Mention of a specific product trade name should be avoided and the generic name should be used instead so as not to appear as a commercial endorsement.
- If an article is a scientific study devoted primarily to a specific product, the author must include educational background on the clinical conditions the product addresses, the clinical relevance of the research, as well as other existing treatment options.
- If it is necessary to use a specific product trade name, a list of competitive products and their manufacturers should be provided to ensure fair play.
All articles are peer reviewed in a blinded fashion. No article that has not passed peer review will be considered for publication in Dentistry India . Authors will be informed when their manuscript has returned from review and advised as to its status (Passed, Failed, Modifications Requested). It is the author's responsibility to comply with requested modifications. Modified articles will be subject to a second blinded review.
Manuscript Components and Format
The manuscript should be approximately 1,500-3,000 words, and include:
- necessary author information
- a 1-paragraph abstract
- 5-15 images
- figure captions corresponding to the images
- 10 to 20 references
- no more than 3 tables
The manuscript should include the author's full name, degrees, practice name or academic affiliation, location (city and state), and e-mail address. The author should also submit a high-resolution (300 dpi or greater at 3 inches) color headshot photograph (in JPEG, TIFF, or EPS format).
- Digital images must be supplied as separate JPEG, TIFF, or EPS files. Do not imbed your images into a PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, or other document. We cannot use them in these formats.
- Images must be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch) when at least 3 inches in width .
- Please do not crop the photos.
- Images should be in a 4-color (CMYK) format.
- All images must be referred to in the article by a parenthetical reference that corresponds to the Figure number you have assigned it. Example: The patient presented with a Class IV fracture on tooth No. 8 (Figure 1).
- Image files should be named to reflect the figure number within the text of the article.
- All images must be accompanied by a brief caption that describes the image. These captions should be clearly labeled to correspond to Figure 1, Figure 2, etc. Captions can be provided on a separate sheet or at the end of the article.
NOTE: If full-facial or other identifying images of patients are submitted, it is recommended that they be accompanied by a signed and dated consent form from the patient agreeing to the publication of the images.
- References must appear in the text as typed, numbered superscripts (not footnote annotations) and should be listed at the end of the manuscript in their order of appearance in the text.
- If you cite a publication more than once, only use one number for it (the first number you cited it as), throughout the text.
- Provide complete bibliographic information for all materials cited. Journal references must include author(s), journal (use National Library of Medicine abbreviations only), volume number, inclusive page numbers, and date of publication).
- Follow these AMA Manual of Style examples:
Mattis BA, Valadez D, Valadez E. The effect of the use of dental gloves on mixing vinyl polysiloxane putties. J Prosthodont. 1997;6(3):189-92.
Craig RG. Impression materials. In: Craig RG, ed; Restorative Dental Materials . 9th ed. St. Louis, Mo: Mosby; 1993:306-313.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
Authors must disclose their own or a family member's commercial or financial interest in products, or developmental or research relationships with companies that manufacture products by signing a "Conflict of Interest Declaration" form after their article is accepted. The relationship will be acknowledged in the article.
Copyright Reproduction Permission
Tables, photographs, or illustrations reproduced exactly from another work must be accompanied by written permission from the original source. Full credit will be given to the original source.
Please include a current CV with your manuscript.
The journal's staff will edit manuscripts to enhance their communication value to readers. However, the writing is the author's responsibility, along with incorporating editorial suggestions, answering queries, and approving changes.
Failure to comply with the instructions above may result in rejection for publication. The editor-in-chief and publisher reserve the right to make revisions in the text where appropriate. If questions arise, the author will be contacted.
104 Pheasant Run
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 504-1275 ext. 213;
(215) 504-1502 fax;